Graduate Financial Aid
ACT strives to be not only the 1st choice, but also an affordable choice for the education of youth from Greece, Southeast Europe, the US and beyond. To that end, the College awards financial aid to a substantial number of students in each entering class. Financial aid awards aim to make quality education affordable to students in need, particularly during these difficult times, and also reward a student’s academic accomplishments and potential. The American College of Thessaloniki has developed a well established program of financial aid to assist students in their quest for a college education. This program ensures that no student should be deprived from attending ACT because of financial strains.
All applicants who would like to be considered for financial aid should complete the form below:
MBA Scholarship Opportunity
Fall 2020 - Spring 2022
ACT is pleased to announce a Full-Tuition scholarship opportunity for an individual with Lacrosse background to complete his/her MBA program.
The MBA scholarship recipient will complete his/her 2-year MBA Program while also serving as the point person for lacrosse in the American College of Thessaloniki, Greece.
ACT, is accredited in the United States by NECHE (New England Commission of Higher Education). ACT has been the school of choice for over 3000 American students, as it holds partnerships with major US institutions. These students, alongside others from the Balkans, Europe, and the world create a vibrant academic community that brings life to a truly diverse multicultural environment.
About the MBA Program
The MBA program is a general program aimed at university graduate of various disciplines including of course those with degrees in Economics, Business and related disciplines. The program is to be completed in one-two years. Concentrations are available in Management,
Banking and Finance, Entrepreneurship and Digital Marketing.
To be considered for admissions, candidates must:
- Hold a Bachelor degree, with GPA 3.0 or above
- Demonstrate competency in the English language
- GMAT IS NOT REQUIRED, but it will be considered if provided.
Scope of Scholarship
100% of tuition will be covered. All remaining costs are to be covered by the individual. In return the recipient will be required
- To work in promoting Lacrosse in Greece
- Be responsible for delegating coaching responsibilities amongst those assigned by ACT.
- Execute a variety of Lacrosse camps/clinics/demonstrations
- Run Lacrosse coaching clinics to help train local coaches
- Help schools progress through the 4-Phase School Program
- Effectively communicate with ACT staff and the locals
- Ability to coordinate events
- Complete the MBA Program
- Drive social media content
- Assist with local marketing efforts
- Continue to compile Greek mailing list
- Demonstrate knowledge in both the men’s and women’s game of lacrosse
- Willingness to take this role and make it their own!
***Further explanation provided in interview.
Required Education and Experience
- Some level of coaching experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; proven history of relationship building
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Completed Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with social media (not personal account)
Preferred Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of coaching experience
- Fluent in Greek
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Stick stringing skills
- If the recipient of this award fails to meet the items listed in the section “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” above, the MBA scholarship will be terminated. Fair warning will be provided.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcript (* an official one will need to be submitted at some time before or upon arrival at ACT)
- Three References