At ANATOLIA COLLEGE we are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our services and our customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job at ANATOLIA COLLEGE.
Who we are
ANATOLIA COLLEGE is a non-profit educational organization with a long tradition and offering at all levels of education. It was founded in 1886 in Merzifon (Turkey) and in 1924 settled in Thessaloniki. Designed with excellence, ground-breaking educational activities and high-level teaching, ANATOLIA COLLEGE has become an educational center with pan-Hellenic and international recognition. The educational organization maintains one of the largest scholarship programs in Greece, as well as a multifaceted program of social actions and contributions.
The institution has an elementary school (Pre-K6), two middle and high schools, an IB program that prepares students for university study worldwide, and the American College of Thessaloniki (ACT), an institution of higher learning offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees in a variety of fields. ANATOLIA COLLEGE students have access to a variety of extracurricular activities, which not only foster a collaborative spirit but also individualism, thereby acting as a platform for students to realize untapped talents and strengths.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform our educational services. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our organization.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect the following: name, phone number, email address, address, job title, profile of studies. Our legal base for personal data collection is the Ministry decision 10645/2018 and relevant legislation.
We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
ANATOLIA COLLEGE does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, unless regulatory and legislative obligations exist and under the conditions of General Data Protection Regulation (Article 9, paragraph 2).
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you are using our educational services.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by mail, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you information about our educational and/or related services that we provide
- Send you communications including information about our services, events, school and academic activities.
- Perform activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Provide you content and venue details on a seminar or event you signed up for.
- Reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms you have completed on one of our websites.
- Follow up on incoming requests (support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar.
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services.
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our services.
- Process a job application.
How do we use our students’ and parents’ data?
- to support student learning
- to monitor and report on student progress
- to provide appropriate care
- to provide scholarships and financial aid
- to assess the quality of our educational services
- to support you to decide what to do after you leave school
Categories of student information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, unique student number and contact details)
- Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth and free school meal eligibility)
- Attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)
- National curriculum assessment results
- Special educational needs information1 
- Relevant medical information* 
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use and process personal data if it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by ANATOLIA COLLEGE or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes. 
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that ANATOLIA COLLEGE holds about you.
- The right to request that ANATOLIA COLLEGE corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive informational communications:
Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from us such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that ANATOLIA COLLEGE provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We routinely share pupil information with:
- schools or colleges that our students attend after leaving us
- Ministry of Education
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as an organization, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our organization’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Use of sub-contractors (processors and sub-processors)
If the sub-contractor processes Personal Data outside the EU/EEA area, such processing must be in accordance with the EU Privacy Shield Framework, EU Standard Contractual Clauses for transfer to third countries, or another specifically stated lawful basis for the transfer of personal data to a third country.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision.
22 May 2018
, ,  Anatolia keeps information about you on computer systems and also on paper based on the Ministry decision 10645/2018 and relevant legislation.