Cost & Scholarships
Study Abroad Merit Scholarship
ACT awards a $1,000 merit scholarship applicable towards the semester's tuition to study abroad students who have reached sophomore status at their home institution and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.6/4.0. Accepted students will be given the opportunity to apply for the scholarship by sending their most recent transcript to the admissions office. Merit aid scholarships are available during the fall and spring semesters.
Hellenic-American scholarships are available during the fall and spring semesters.
ACT awards scholarships that cover half tuition to eligible Hellenic American applicants. The award does not include housing, orientation, field trips and study abroad fees.
Deadline for Spring I 2023 students: October 17, 2022
Eligibility guidelines/application procedures are as follows:
- Acceptance to the ACT study abroad program
- Proof of enrollment as a full time student at an accredited institution in the United States or Canada
- Proof of Greek descent
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Completion of Hellenic-American Scholarship Application Form
Study Abroad Program Fees
- Study Abroad fees for the Academic year 2022/23
- Study Abroad fees for the Academic year 2021/22
- Study Abroad fees for the Academic year 2020/21
Additional Costs & Fees
Housing Deposit: $300
By sending in your housing application and deposit fee, you reserve your room. Single rooms are allocated based on need and the order that the request is received. The deposit is refunded at the end of the successful completion of the semester, less any fees for additional expenses or damages.
Estimated Personal Living Costs:
- Food: 250€ - 300€ / month
- Local Transportation: 30€ - 80€ / month
- Entertainment: 100€ - 150€ / month
- Books and Supplies: 50€ - 150€
Visa Costs: $120 approx.
Visa must be obtained prior to departure from the US. The application and fee are submitted directly to the Greek Embassy/Consulate nearest to you. The fee may vary by Embassy. Contact the Greek Embassy nearest to you.
Greek Residence Permit Costs:
- 20€ for passport photos with CD
- 169€ Residence permit fee for 1 year
- 120€ for insurance policy by a Greek provider valid for 1 year (duration of residence permit)
- 400€ Bank deposit to open the Greek National bank account. The money is yours to keep.