Go Greek in Greece
Make the most of your summer abroad with a 3 week, 3 credit immersive cultural and service journey in the student hub of Greece at ACT - The American College of Thessaloniki.
Experience Greek hospitality, heritage, and culture while earning three humanities credits in Understanding Greek Life and Culture through faculty led experiential learning and “filotimo” (Greek for "paying it forward"). Explore ancient and modern Greece through organized trips, events, and service opportunities. Live your own Greek adventure in Greece’s cultural capital, Thessaloniki!
Growth - Collaboration - Service Learning - International Experience
Highlights include 2 overnight trips; one to Athens and Delphi and one to the Greek Islands, a hike at Mount Olympus, and a culinary workshop.
Expand your understanding of Greek life, culture, language and Hellenic heritage with the stand-alone 3 week program or, in addition to our summer program for a truly fulfilling and rewarding summer abroad.
May 16 - June 6, 2018
$3,500 (with double studio accommodation)
$3,650 (with single studio accommodation in Thessaloniki)
3 credit Culture Class: Humanities 120 "Understanding Greek Life and Culture"
- Survival Greek
- Greek Customs and Culture
- Greek Economic System
- Greek Political System
- Greek Art
ACT ID Card with access to all ACT facilities
- Bissell Library
- ACT MD
- Workshops and guest lectures
- Computer Labs
- IT Assistance
- Sport facilities
- Private or Double studios near downtown Thessaloniki
- On site resident assistants
- Easy access to the waterfront
International Service-Learning Projects and Certificate
- Group service projects help you connect with the people and the community while giving you time to support local programs.
- Project sites have included: Municipal Vineyard, Center for the Blind, Thermaikos Gulf Coastline, Los Lambicos Graffiti Removal, Refugee Assistance Centers
- Provided for all included activities
- Mt. Olympus
- Royal Macedonian Tombs in Vergina (the burial place of King Philip II, father of Alexander the Great)
- Athens & Delphi (2 nights!)
- Greek Island (2 nights!)
- Byzantine Museum
- White Tower
- Chalkidiki Beach Day
- Gerovasilleou Winery Tour and Tasting
The Greek Experience
- Greek Cooking lesson
- Greek Folk Dancing
- Traditional Taverna meal
- Live music
- Transportation to/from program
- Visa & Residence Permit fees (if applicable)
- Personal communication costs (e.g. phone, etc.)
- Travel, accident and medical insurance (to be arranged prior to departure by participants)
- Books and supplies
- Entertainment and personal expenses
- Other items not expressly included in the program itinerary