Graduate Certificate in Data Science
The Graduate Certificate in Data Science at ACT - The American College of Thessaloniki, aims to provide its participants with the necessary skills to comprehend big data through hands-on practice, enabling them to deliver their expertise on multiple scientific domains. Through this hybrid delivery program, you will develop an up-to-date understanding of modern data analytics, learn the foundations of data analysis, develop and practice basic and advanced methods for analysis through the use of relevant tool sets, as well as delve into the fascinating world of Machine Learning.
Who should consider this certificate
The Graduate Certificate in Data Science is designed for professionals from diverse backgrounds such as Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology), Engineering, Bio-medicine, Computer Science, Pharmaceutical and Medical sector, etc., willing to enhance their personal skills and expertise on the state-of-the-arts area of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence and directly apply this knowledge to their respective fields. The flexibility provided by the hybrid format of this program, allows candidates to balance their studies with their busy schedules and sustain their work-life balance. This certificate is an ideal choice for those seeking to make a positive impact in their organizations and industries.
- Develop a deep understanding of the principles and practices of Data Science, Big Data and Artificial Intelligence.
- Design and implement strategies for problem solving and decision making.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of different schemes and methodologies relevant to Big Data, Data Analytics, Databases and Artificial Intelligence.
- Understand the role of Data Science in real-life systems.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Data Science program will be capable of pursuing careers and roles in a wide range of industries. Their skills, knowledge and competences are highly valued by today’s competitive market, and will provide the graduates of this program the opportunity to pursue careers as Big Data Engineers, Data Architects, Database Managers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Database Developers, Machine Learning Engineers, Research Scientists and NLP Engineers, in diverse sectors such as Computer Science, Bio-medicine, Medicine, etc.
Flexible Delivery: One week face-to-face and one week online teaching (synchronous teaching and asynchronous work)
- From February 7, 2024 to March 29, 2024: MSDS 600 and MSDS 610
- From April 1, 2024 to June 7, 2024: MSDS 650 and MSDS 680
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Biology, Engineering, Information Technology, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Psychology or other Science.
- An interview, and a CV should be submitted along with the application form.
- Proficiency in the English language evidenced through a C1 certification in English Language. ACT graduates and graduates from other accredited English-speaking institutions are not required to submit evidence of Proficiency in the English language.
- Basic Knowledge of Python
If you have already set up your mind and wish to apply to this program, please submit the application available here.
To successfully complete the certificate program, students must achieve a minimum GPA of 2.33 in the four courses taken. Note: A GPA of 2.33 is equivalent to a C+.
Reach out with any questions or concerns about the program:
ACT Admissions Office
Tel: (+30) 2310 398 398