Minor in Multimedia and Web Development
The minor in multimedia and web development focuses in the new media. The topics taught include computer animation, interactive media production, professional web design and web programming. Students acquire a solid foundation in multimedia and web development software applications and design issues. They work in the areas of web page design, image design, creation and manipulation, image composition, 2-D and 3-D graphics, and audio and video production and integration.
The students work in state-of-the-art multimedia labs, where they learn how to use software applications from Adobe, Macromedia and Discreet, ranging from Photoshop to 3DS Max. They produce web sites, interactive CD-ROMs, create 2- D and 3-D imagery and motion graphics, design sound for multimedia products, and develop skills in nonlinear digital video editing.
Graduates of this program are pursuing careers in this fascinating and rapidly expanding field, entering the market as media producers, information architects, interactive and web designers.
- Computer Science 105: Introduction to Programming I
- Computer Science 107: Multimedia I
- Computer Science 206: Web Development
- Computer Science 207: Multimedia II
- Computer Science 209: 3-D Digital Design I, or
- Computer Science 219: Video Game Design Computer Science with UNITY and Blender
- Computer Science 306: Advanced Web Development