Το παρόν πρόγραμμα διδάσκεται εξ ολοκλήρου στα αγγλικά.
About the Program
The Business English program instructs participants in all aspects of professional communication including writing, reading, speaking and listening. It offers opportunities for vocabulary enrichment and structural improvement specific to participants’ professional communication.
How you Will Benefit
Program focus is on:
- Writing: Participants will learn the format of various key business documents including emails, reports, proposals, etc. Through the focus on written communication participants will improve and develop their ability to use clear, concise and grammatically correct language.
- Speaking: Participants will develop their fluency and speaking skills. Cope with the challenges of performance management
- Reading: A variety of reading texts will be exploited for language improvement and awareness of various text types. The subjects of the texts will be chosen to appeal to participants’’ interests. Enhance conditions for team building
- Listening: The listening skills section has been designed to dovetail with the subjects of the reading texts. Students will enhance listening skills both through listening to the chosen pieces and through the ensuing class discussions. Increase understanding of the mediation and negotiation process in managing conflict
|Program Duration||30 hours|
3-hour evening sessions
|Dates||Soon to be announced|
- Adaptation and Selection of Words
- Construction of Clear Sentences and Paragraphs
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Writing for Effect: formal and conversational communication
- Basic patterns of Business Letters
- Writing Reports & Proposals
- Writing Effective Emails
- Giving and Writing Effective Instructions
- Delivering Presentations and Oral Reporting
- Enhancing Customer Service
Registration for this program is now closed. Please stay tuned to the Lifelong Learning Center website for new announcements on future dates.
Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate from ACT.
After sending the application form, a representative of ACT's Lifelong Learning Center will contact you for your registration and payment process.
Meet the Lecturer
Julie Carter has been living and working in Greece for over 25 years and has extensive experience in all aspects of English Language Teaching. She is an active examiner in both speaking and writing for major ELT exams and has acted as team leader for speaking examiners. She ran a company for some years which focused on training teachers to deliver and create more effective lessons. For many years, Julie wrote and conducted presentations for a leading publisher throughout Greece but has recently turned her attention to teaching business English and English for specific purposes. She holds a B.A. in Modern Languages and an M.A. in TESOL and applied linguistics.