Program Dates: May 22 - June 11, 2017
You conquered recruitment, you received a bid, and you joined your pledge class, now it's time to connect with your roots!
Experience what “Going Greek” really means! Join members of different chapters from various universities in a social and cultural experience like no other.
Discover “filotimo” (Greek for “paying it forward”) by giving to the community through service projects.
Live your own Greek adventure in Greece’s cultural capital, Thessaloniki!
- Service Learning
- International Experience
$3,500 (with double studio accommodation)
$3,650 (with single studio accommodation in Thessaloniki)
> Course Credit
3 credit Culture Class: Humanities 120 "Understanding Greek Life and Culture"
- Survival Greek
- Greek Customs and Culture
- Greek Economic System
- Greek Political System
- Greek Art
> ACT ID Card with access to all ACT facilities
- Bissell Library
- ACT MD
- Workshops and guest lectures
- Computer Labs
- IT Assistance
- Sport facilities
- Private or Double studios near downtown Thessaloniki
- On site resident assistants
- Easy access to the waterfront
> International Service-Learning Projects and Certificate
- Group service projects help you connect with the people and the community while giving you time to support local programs.
- Project sites have included: Municipal Vineyard, Center for the Blind, Thermaikos Gulf Coastline, Los Lambicos Graffiti Removal, Refugee Assistance Centers
- Provided for all included activities
> Field Trips
- Mt. Olympus
- Royal Macedonian Tombs in Vergina (the burial place of King Philip II, father of Alexander the Great)
- Athens & Delphi (2 nights!)
- Greek Island (2 nights!)
- Byzantine Museum
- White Tower
- Chalkidiki Beach Day
- Gerovasilleou Winery Tour and Tasting
> The Greek Experience
- Greek Cooking lesson
- Greek Folk Dancing
- Traditional Taverna meal
- Live music
- Transportation to/from program
- Visa & Residence Permit fees (if applicable)
- Personal communication costs (e.g. phone, etc.)
- Travel, accident and medical insurance (to be arranged prior to departure by participants)
- Books and supplies
- Entertainment and personal expenses
- Other items not expressly included in the program itinerary
Go Greek in Greece!